Flowertown's Funky Firkin Fest
Flowertown's Funky Firkin Fest will take place on Saturday, September 19th (during Charleston Beer Week). This Cask Only festival will have over 20 South Carolina Breweries pouring unique beers. What makes this festival special? This event will emphasize the beauty of Sour, Wild,and Barrel Aged beers. Rest assured, there will be plenty of variety on hand! There are only 400 tickets available, so be sure and grab yours now. Tickets may be purchased online (here) or in person at the following locations: Oak Road Brewery, Coastal Coffee Roasters, or Homegrown Brewhouse.
Each ticket grants event admission, UNLIMITED beer samples, and a tasting glass. Food trucks will be on site for the purchase of food at an additional cost. A list of breweries, beers, and event happenings will be released closer to the Festival.
Current Cask List:
- Benford Brewing - Smoked O'Hickory with Fresh Habanero and Thai Chili Peppers - Smoked O'Hickory (American Brown Ale) aged with Fresh Habanero and Thai Chili Peppers.
- Birds Fly South Parachutes with Brett Lambicus, Lacto, & Dark Chocolate - Dark Farmhouse Ale brewed heavily with chocolate malts and aged on Cabernet Must, Brett Lambicus, Lacto, & Dark Chocolate.
- Birds Fly South Brand New Eyes with Brux - A light colored slightly tart Moteuka hopped Saison finished with Brux and dry-hopped with TBD.
- Brewery 85 Figgy Time - Quittin' Time (Helles Bock) cask aged with Figs.
- Brewery 85 Grapefruit GVL IPA - American IPA cask aged with Grapefruit.
- Carolina Bauernhaus Grapefruit WIPA - A 100% Brettanomyces fermented White IPA with whole grapefruit.
- Carolina Bauernhaus 18 Mile Farmhouse Red - Native Fermented house red soured in Tempranillo wine barrels with 75lbs of fresh Clemson peaches per barrel.
- COAST Saison Du Fus with 2-Year Aged Sour and Apricots - Fresh Saison Du Fus blended with 2-Year Aged Saison Du Fus and cask aged on Apricots.
- Conquest Barrel Aged Sour with Fruit(TBD) - Barrel Aged Sour cask aged with a yet to be named fruit.
- Fat Pig Bearded Ginja - Bearded Ninja (Belgian Tripel) aged in Gin Barrels.
- Freehouse Kiwi Blueberry Sourlina - Brewed with wild local yeast and lactobacillus, aged 6 months on organic SC kiwis, and then blended with freshly picked organic SC blueberries from Black Pearl Farms.
- Frothy Beard TBD
- Holy City Threat Level Midnight - Black Saison.
- Oak Road Percy the Passive Aggressive Pineapple with Kiwi, Star Fruit, and Pineapple - American IPA fermented with Brett Brux and aged on Kiwi, Star Fruit, and Pineapple.
- Oak Road Törtchen with Nectarines - Berlinerweisse aged on Nectarines.
- Oak Road Carolina Evening Porter with Coco Nibs, Vanilla Beans, and Coffee - American Porter aged on Coco Nibs, Vanilla Beans, and Coffee.
- Palmetto Mitigated Disaster with Watermelon - Dry-hopped Gose aged with Watermelon.
- Revelry Funkmaster Brett with Mangos and Pineapple - 100% Brettanomyces-fermented IPA aged with Mangos and Pineapple.
- River Dog TBD
- RJ Rockers Grand Ole Funk - Grand Ole Fuzz peach Saison with Brett Lambicus.
- RJ Rockers Sour Brown Wheat - Dark wheat ale soured with wild yeast and bacteria present in the brewery and fermented with a phenolic Belgian yeast strain.
- Southern Barrel Sour Ale with Calypso Hops and Fresh Ginger - Sour Ale with Calypso Hops and Fresh Ginger.
- Thomas Creek Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sourness with Oak, Brett, and Berries - Flanders Oud Bruin made in collaboration with Homegrown Brewhouse. Cask aged with Pinot soaked Oak Chips, Brettanomyces, Blackberries, Raspberries, and Cranberries.
- Thomas Creek & Birds Fly South collaboration Sour Farmhouse with Raspberries - Sour Farmhouse Ale aged with Raspberries.
- Thomas Creek & Birds Fly South collaboration Sour Farmhouse with Blackberries - Sour Farmhouse Ale aged with Blackberries.
- Thomas Creek & Birds Fly South collaboration Sour Farmhouse with Black Currants - Sour Farmhouse Ale aged with Black Currants.
- Thomas Creek & Birds Fly South collaboration Sour Farmhouse with Tart Cherries - Sour Farmhouse Ale aged with Tart Cherries.
- Tradesman Tripped Breaker - Circuit Break (American IPA) aged with Pindo Palm Fruit.
- Tradesman Oakalee Doakalee - Flanders Red Ale with Lacto and Oak.